Translate

Saturday, February 15, 2014

X marks the spot 02.15.14

X marks the spot                      02.15.14

 

                Today is Saturday and the old movies are on the TV. For the past couple months I have watch Mr. Ed while enjoying a cup of coffee, early Saturday morning. This morning I happened upon “The Lone Ranger”.  I watched two episodes of The Lone Ranger. I was somewhat surprised how childish the shows were, but then they were made for kids.

                Next came Hopalong Cassidy. Again I was surprised, not at the script but at the actor’s age. Hopalong was a gray haired old man playing the rough riding cowboy. I guess kids in the olden days did not care how old the main character was as long as he could shoot his gun and ride a fast horse. Personally I like the old Tarzan shows even though they were just as childish.

                I am now changing the subject to “X marks the spot”.

                I have always heard that, “X marks the spot”. In the movies X usually marked the spot on a map indicating the location of a hidden treasure. Well, I did not see a map but I did see the X. What was the purpose of the X and why was it placed there?

 

As you may be able to see in the photo, there is plainly an X in the sky.  If the X had been directly over, “The Ford Homestead” I would have known the X was for me and that I was the treasure. Unfortunately the X was south of the Ford Homestead so I have no idea why it was there or what it was marking.

                Suggestion of the meaning may be sent to me along with the usual $25.00 donation.

Speaking of money; I have completed my income tax and I owe five dollars more this year than I did last year. Being retired and on a fixed income wouldn’t you think my tax should be the same each year. We will also accept donations toward our income tax payment until April 10th. We understand that April 15th is the final day to file but we don’t like to wait until the last day to mail the return.

 

I hope you find your treasure (X) today.

Don Ford 

 

No comments: