Translate

Sunday, February 9, 2014

North end of a South bound horse 02.09.14

 
                Yes, I have been referred to as “the north end of a south bound horse”. There is another comment, “why are there more horse’s asses than there are horses”?
                Let me explain these comments. I went to the Best Buy store to purchase an item using my $35.00 in certificates.
I picked up my item at the service desk and the clerk asked if I wanted a bag. My response was no thanks. The clerk handed me three pieces of paper which were the order acknowledgement and receipts.
As I was leaving the store I noticed the security guy who looked like a kid just out of high school. He had his cell phone in his hand and appeared to be texting. I walked up to the young person and stepped into his personal space. Everyone has a personal area around their body which others are supposed to stay outside of. It is very annoying and can be intimidating when someone gets inside your personal space.
I was about 10 inches away from the young man, well inside his personal space, and I stated, “Did they tell you that you are not allowed to use your cell phone while you are working”. He looked at me with a surprised expression with no comment. I again asked if they had told him not to use his cell phone while working. He said I am doing what they told me to do. I asked a third time, “Are you supposed to be using a cell phone while you are working? He said, “I am new”. I decided that it was best to stop annoying this young person.
I changed the subject and said, “I stole this item and put these papers with it so you would think I paid for it”. I showed him the item and patted him on the shoulder and walked out of the store. (For you the reader’s information, I did not steal the item and the receipts were in hand.)
I was the north end of a south bound horse that day. The young man did not ask to see my receipts and purchase but probably should have.
 
I hope no one gets into your personal space.
 
Don Ford
 

No comments: