Translate

Saturday, December 21, 2013

It happened to me 122113

It happened to me…     
               This is a true story that begins on Friday morning. Alex and I had gone to Do it Best to pick up an item that I had ordered earlier in the week. We often get a coffee from Star Bucks when we are out running errands. In truth, I get a coffee and Alex gets milk which he refers to as his coffee.
               Alex and I had finished our business and I asked if he wanted a coffee. He responded in the positive so we headed to Star Bucks’. Rounding the corner to the drive-through we saw 6 vehicles ahead of us. That is enough to usually cause me to bypass Star Bucks but this time we decided to get in line and wait.
               The first three vehicles ahead of us went through fairly quick. There were still two vehicles ahead of us and evidently the vehicle at the window was having a problem with their order.
I noticed the lady in the vehicle just in front of me looked at us several times in her side mirror. Naturally I thought she found me to be a hansom gentleman or possibly she thought I was too close to the back of her car.
After a couple minutes the car at the window received their order and drove off. The vehicle with the Lady that had looked at me in the mirror got her order and drove off. 
Finally it was our turn at the window. I stopped at the window and the fellow handed me a coffee and milk. I offered him my Star Bucks card and he explained that the lady in the car ahead of me had paid for our drinks.
I was happily surprised that someone had paid for our drinks. She must have had the Christmas spirit. I can’t explain how good it made me feel, kinda warm all over. I assume it may have given her a good feeling too. It is nice to know there are still good hearted people in this world.
 
To the unknown person with the Christmas Spirit, I say, “Thank You!”
 
Don Ford
                
 

No comments: