Translate

Monday, September 16, 2013

Red Chairs 9.15.13

               It is required that all who live at the Ford Homestead must do their fair share of the work. The work is not assigned; rather it is willing accepted by those who live here.

This week my spouse of 44 years decided to paint the metal patio chairs and table. The set was black and had been outside in the weather for several years. She decided on red paint for one reason; she wants me to paint the trim of the house with red paint. The paint that is on the house now looks almost purple. It was supposed to be a red paint when it was applied a couple years ago.

I, not wanting to upset my lovely spouse of 44 years, agreed to paint the trim or at least try to. Part of the house trim can be reached with nothing more than a step stool. I will use my step stool, a ladder and a couple boards to make scaffolding. This should allow me to save a little time by not moving the ladder too frequently. 

I have placed a photo taken of the chairs and table when they were black so you will have a before and after photo. You can also see the trim on the house that looks purple and I will hopefully convert to red but not as red as the chairs.

 

Obviously the above photo was taken early this summer because the grass was still green due to large amounts of rain. Tejas appears to be enjoying the cool green grass.

Below we see my first wife’s idea of what metal chairs should look like.

I have one week to get the trim painted and I have stated that I will not work in the sun. I will attempt to work early and in the shade.

               I have talked about work too much, I need to stop now and possibly take a nap.

 

Have a colorful day/week.

Don Ford

 

 

No comments: