Translate

Monday, April 22, 2013

Saturday events

            What kind of Saturday did you have? Did you do the same normal things or was there something exciting for you. If I were guessing I would say it was a normal day with not much new to talk about.
            My Saturday started out like many others, Tejas came to my side of the bed at 6:00 am and woke me. Yes I normally get up at 6:00 but on Saturday and Sunday I would like to sleep an additional few minutes. Once I am awake I can’t just lay there in bed so I got up and made coffee. I turned the TV on and watched a black and white movie. On Saturday morning TCM usually have some olden day movies that are often detective movies. These movies are easy to watch and you don’t have to think a lot. When someone gets shot there is no blood and guts.
            Later in the morning I decided to take a bag of clothes to the Good Will. I had cleaned out my closet last week and most of the clothes that I had not worn in a year along with those that do not fit had to go.
After dropping the clothes off at Good Will, I went on a quest to find a barber shop. I think barber shops should be just for men with male barbers like in the olden days and the cost of a haircut should still be $1.00. What is this crap of tipping the barber; who started that? Next thing they will expect you to tip the waiter when you go out to supper. 
I found a Barber Salon with a sign no waiting. I decided to try it and when I walked inside there was about 20 stalls complete with barbers/stylists. They took my name and handed me off to a female barber.
            This is the second time I have been to a barber in the last 44 years. Yep my wife of 44 years has cut my hair all these years. Now I have to go to a stranger who wants money to cut what little hair I have left. I must admit that I did get a nice haircut and I received a senior discount. Senior discounts are one of a few things that are good about being old.
            Returning home I pulled my trailer from the back yard to the driveway. This is the trailer that I pull behind my motorcycle. I removed the tarp which covers it and protects it from the weather. It has been sitting out back for several months and even with the tarp it gets dirty.  I washed it and put the new license sticker on the license plate.  After washing the trailer I took it for a short ride of about 30 miles. I needed to be sure it pulled ok. Having the trailer behind the motorcycle is noticeable for the first few minutes and then you basically forget it is there.
Returning home at around 2:00pm I did what any self-respecting retied person living on a fixed income would do; I took a nap. Even though Alex was not here it was still time for our nap.
            After the nap I re-tarp the trailer and put in back in the back yard. I did nothing for the rest of the day other than sit around and listen to the radio. It was too cool to sit outside after about 5:00pm so I went inside to watch the TV shows that my wife of 44 years was watching. I don’t really like the shows she watches but I have no choice. She would punish me if I complain about the TV station and I don’t like to be punished.
 
I hope you had a nice safe weekend.
From the Not Always Right But Never Left mind of           Don Ford
 
                 
 

No comments: