Translate

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Rain, Rain go away, come again some other day, little Donnie wants to.

               We received a blessed rain yesterday; it was about four tenths of an inch.  I had stated that the prognosticators (aka weather people) had been forecasting rain in an effort to improve our morale even when there was no rain in the area. I guess we should appreciate their effort to keep us in a positive mode but don’t lie to us. It seems as if they actually got it right this time.
               This next statement may be news to you, but it is not news to anyone living at the ford homestead.  There seems to be a second constant companion and she is attempting to become a confidant too. Tejas is somewhat upset with this intruder, “Model T” (aka molly trouble)
             This cat is under foot all the time. She is a lot like Tejas in that she wants to be with you all the time. If you get up to walk to the door she will attempt to be in front of you.
As you can see in the photo, Model T is attempting to influence my typing. I did take a couple suggestions and she can spell better than me. For that one person with the silly question, no she does not play with the mouse.
You are seeing her better side in this photo.
Model T suggested that I tell you that I will be celebrating an anniversary this Friday.
It will be the 44th anniversary of my marriage to my first wife (aka my present wife and my only wife). 44 years ago I was just a child when this woman talked me into getting married.
We go out to supper every Friday, but this week, we will go to a more expensive restaurant. For a retired person on a fixed income, it will be difficult to find the funds to pay for the food and drinks. 
              What? You are suggesting that the meal would not be too expensive if we did not have drinks. I suggest that you stay out of this. We will waste the little money we have when we want too. I don’t think a glass of wine and a Bloody Mary will add that much to the overall cost of the evening repast. 
               I now have a conundrum, and yes I do know what the word conundrum means.  No it is not used in birth control. Where did you go to school; everyone should know the difference between a conundrum and a condom
               Back to my conundrum, since tomorrow is my 44th anniversary of my wedding should I consider it a holiday and rest all day or should I mow the yard. I hate to have to make all these tough decisions.
               I may possibly flip a coin to decide my approach to the morrow. Yes the word morrow is used correctly (you are always questioning my use of the English language,  mor·row a noun. 1. The following day: resolved to set out on the morrow).
 
               I am tired of your constant questioning of my comments. I am ending this note now.
 
I hope you have a good day and your morrow is even better!
 
Don Ford
 
 

No comments: