Translate

Friday, April 26, 2013

Can't beat them; join them!

            I have decided to join them and I started today. I was offered a government backed deal to have my attic insulated at a very low cost. Being on a fixed income and wanting to take advantage of some of the government offered programs I said come on and insulate the Attic.
            They had previously come to my house and sealed the windows along with the holes in the walls under the sinks and toilets. They want to make my house more energy efficient which would save me money and keep some contractors in business.
            This company which goes by the name Green Leaf was at the retiree’s home across the street prior to arriving at our home. These fellows went about their work without delay and seemingly have done a good job. All in all it took about an hour from start to finish. The sun was not shining today so it was a little nicer for the fellows that went into the attic. I have a couple photos before and after. Note the metal hanger holding the duct work; it is covered in the after photo. They have blown at least 12 to 14 inches of insulation into the attic.
Above we see another set of before and after photos of another location in the attic.
They charged me $250 for the insulation and said they were paying the other $1,300. I am now on the take and I enjoy it. I think I will try to get a Government cell phone. I may try to get food stamps, then I can spend the money on things I don’t need.
 
I hope you are having an insulated day.
 
Don Ford

No comments: