Translate

Friday, April 15, 2016

Part way there 04.15.16


            I am now part way there. The rumor that I was seen on my knees, in front of The Ford Homestead, crawling on the ground, wishing someone would help me, is true! To anyone who may have driven down our street yesterday, and just laughed at this poor old person, on his knees needing help, I forgive you.
            Even though I receive no help from anyone, I was able to do the assigned work, and later I was able to crawl on my knees to the old rocker where I sat, trying to get enough strength to put the tools away.
            The following photo was taken at the beginning of this forced labor, showing the blocks that needed to be removed, prior to installing the newly purchased blocks.
 
The yellow string was used to insure the new blocks would be in a straight line. Before you comment, yes the string was later tied tightly to stakes.
            Next we see the recently installed blocks. I did not weigh these blocks, would you believe they weigh over 60 pounds each? Maybe they just felt as if they weighed that much to a senior citizen, on his knees, crawling around in the dirt, not wanting to be punished for less than perfect work.
 
            Later in the day, I was again forced back on my knees to install more of these hugely heavy blocks. The following photo shows the additional work.
 
            This project is not yet complete, I will need to install about the same number of blocks to complete this project. If you would like to volunteer to work on this project, send your resume to my website, and my assistant will contact those qualified applicants.
            If you would like to purchase some, are all of the used blocks, go to my web site click on the button “Used Bricks” and make a bid.

            If anyone cares, my elderly body is not hurting too bad today.

            Gabi got As and Bs on her report card (3rd grade), Alex got all Ss on his (kindergarten).
In the olden days I got mostly Ds on my report cards. My parents thought D stood for Don, but it really meant Dumb

May the time on your knees be in prayer, not in work!
If you are on your knees working, pray for help!

Don Ford

No comments: