Translate

Saturday, January 2, 2016

You can't give it away 01.02.16


            I believe someone said, “You can’t give it away”, and I believe that is almost true. I have tried to give it away many times, and most often it comes back. The truth is, things would be better if we all tried to give it away.
            There are exceptions to the rule, one exception occurs when I try to give it to my present wife. Very often I make the offer to her, in a positive and gentlemen like manner, and she takes it and walks away, no reciprocation.
            I am sure it is not my method of presentation, as I have used the same irresistible presentation for many years.
            I have come to the conclusion that my present spouse, at times, is just not in the mood for an intense interchange of that type.
            I have intentionally given it to a person who was upset, ranting about things, using language that would cause a normal person to react by also becoming upset. When you intentionally give it to an upset person, you do not expect to get it back!
Truth be known, I have used this method several times during my employment. I found, that giving it to someone who was upset, was often unraveling to their argument, and it kept me from entering into a debate with the upset person.
            If you have never tried to give it to an upset person, it usually goes something like this. The upset person who may also be belligerent, will be presenting their case in a very loud voice, most likely using words that they shouldn’t, and hoping to draw you into the argument.
After a few minutes of their unprofessional and loud presentation, they realize that you are not going to, withdraw it, they will likely get even more upset for a short period of time. As you look them in the eye and continue to present it, during their entire shouting session, they become more agitated and in disgust they finally, “shut up”.  
I shouldn’t say this, but I often enjoyed making a bold presentation of it to others!
_          _          _          _          _          _          _          _          _          _          _          _                     
I am writing this on the first day of January, 2016. I did not stay up to see the New Year in. I have not participated in the process for many years now.
The first day of the year has been mostly boring, as I have had very little to do. My spouse of 46 years went to town looking for some bargains and left me, “home alone”. I have seen a couple good old time movies on TV today.

Try to give it away!

Don Ford                                                                       It, is a smile, everyone knows that!

No comments: