Translate

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Sir Charles 03.05.15

 
                The title of the article, may give you the idea that this, “soon to be, well written story”, is about the gato (cat) that adopted us. 
Charlie, aka Lazy Cat, aka Fat Charlie, aka Crazy Cat, aka Sorry Charlie, has many titles, one of which is, “Sir Charles”.
Now Charlie spends his days in the house sleeping on a blanket that has been appropriately placed on the couch. Charlie and Molly do not get along so at night Charlie is banished to the garage.
The garage at, “The Ford Homestead” is where this story begins. We, here at the homestead, like to provide proper sleeping arrangements for visitors and residents. That being the case, we have two sleeping areas in the garage for, “The Charlie”. There is one basket with a blanket in the window, and we place a second basket on top of my present spouse’s vehicle. Charlie seems to prefer the basket on top of the vehicle. It is believed that Charlie thinks, he is getting up in the world, being on top.
The other morning, as I was working my fingers to the bone, trying to enter data into this computer, I happened to look up at the security cameras display, when I noticed that my first wife was attempting to back out of the garage with the gato’s basket on top of the vehicle.
I sprang from my seat, ran through the garage stopping her before she left the property. I saved the cats bed!  I did my good deed for the day.
 
Yesterday, the weather was wet with light rain, and a warming temperature. I think it warmed up to about 55 but it was windy. My present wife had a doctor’s appointment for her annual physical. She learned that she had lost 22 pounds since her last visit.
No she isn’t on a diet, she has, for some unknown reason, can’t taste most foods. Not being able to taste most foods she doesn’t enjoy eating. When she returned home from the doctor’s office I walked outside to greet her. It was still raining so she pulled about half way into the garage. I asked her how the doctor’s visit went and as we were talking I, being observant, noticed that the cat’s bed was not where it usually is.
I asked, where did you put the cat’s bed? She replied, I don’t know. 
I asked if she had removed it from the roof of the vehicle prior to leaving this morning.
No response, indicated that she had not.
A short time later she decided to go to the grocery store and I suggested that she may want to take the same route that she took this morning. I also suggested, she could keep her eyes open for the basket. I assumed that it has blown off the vehicle and is destroyed.
Taking my sage advice, she left The Ford Homestead. It was about two minutes later when she called and reported that she had found the basket and blanket, intact, lying in someone’s yard.
We were glad to have Charlie’s basket back, being on a fixed income it would be difficult to come up with the money to purchase another basket. We would not want my present spouse to spend more time out on the roads picking up aluminum cans than she does now.
 
I hope you have a warm and pleasant day.
 
Don Ford
 

No comments: