Translate

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Fishing in the backyard 03.17.15

 
                Did the title of this, soon to be, well written article, get your attention?                
                You didn’t see the title? Why do I even try to share my vast observations? I am asking you to take a look at the title, and then ask yourself a few questions.
                I feel as if I must take a few of you, by the hand, and lead you to the Promised Land.
          1) Who was fishing in the back yard?
          2) How was anyone fishing in the back yard?
          3) Was there a rain storm flooding the back yard?
          4) What were they fishing for?
          5)  Did they catch anything?
Let me state truthfully, “it was a cat fish, it was alive, and it was on the line.”
 
As usual, I drove Gabi to school this morning and as usual, I tried to sing a song to her. She declined the offer, as usual.
When Gabi was getting out of the truck at school there was a lady walking in the cross walk with a child. I noticed that this lady had jeans on that were obviously bleached, down the front of the legs, in an effort to make them appear worn.
Why would anyone purchase jeans that were made to look used, or why would anyone purchase new jeans and then attempt to make them look used. I speak for myself on this subject, as most men are afraid to say anything for fear of offending their spouse, girlfriend, or possibly both.
I think this looks ridiculous for another wise nice looking lady to purchase and wear jeans which has been discolored or has intentional holes in them.
I dare say, these same ladies would not wear a pair of old pants that were worn out due to years of use, but they will wear new jeans that have been altered to look old.
Have you noticed that men do not participate in this fashion dilemma? Possibly, I do not observe the male population as much as I do the female.
 
Well, I have strayed from the subject of this article.
Fishing in the back yard happened yesterday (Monday March 16th, 2015). Alex had arrived home from school and we had moved from the house to the swing. Alex is the swingee and I am the swinger. We had completed the mandatory 5 minutes of swinging when he wanted to play pirates. Proceeding to the ship I am required to sit in the bottom while Alex climbs to the top.
Alex had a piece of ¼ inch rope which was about 10 feet long and he was fishing for our lunch. He tossed his fishing line (rope) over the side, one end in hand the other on the ground. It wasn’t long until he had a bite. It was a cat fish that weighed about 10 pounds.
You may have guessed, it was, “Sorry Charlie”, the cat that adopted us. Charlie likes to be around his humans and is willing to attack any string or rope that moves. Alex had a fun time fishing for the cat fish. 
 
On a different subject, I trimmed some limbs from trees in the front yard yesterday, no I am not done yet. Late in the afternoon I tilled the garden again. This is the second tilling this year the first was about 6 weeks ago. The earth in the garden spot is loose and ready to be planted. We have onions ready to plant the next time both of the grand kids are here. 
 
Different subject; my first wife and I will celebrate 46 years of being married on April 5th, which just happens to be Easter this year.
 
Enjoy the day!
 
Don Ford

No comments: