Translate

Friday, September 13, 2019

Finished now I start 09/13/2019

            Today is Friday, it is the 13th day of the month, and there is a full moon.

            I put the Ford’s ole riding mower back together yesterday afternoon. There was a lot of crawling around on the floor of the garage by me, as I put the deck back on.

            Once the deck was on, I took the mower to the back 40 away from people and Tres. With the motor running, I engaged the mower blades, nothing flew off! I mowed a streak through some tall grass and it was mowing level. I must have put it back together correctly.

            Finished with repair work, now I start mowing! When the grass gets dry today, I will again mount the Ford’s ole riding mower and mow the back forty. There is no rest for the retired senior person.

            I have noticed several sticks in the front yard that need to be retrieved and the darn acorns are falling continuously. I will pick up the sticks and as many of the acorns as possible, that will be my second project for today, mowing is first project.

            Even though no one asked, the garage door opener seems to be working properly.

            There is a company sponsored party that we plan to attend Saturday evening. This meeting / party use to be called the profit sharing meeting, I think it may now be known as Employee Appreciation meeting. Either way, the meeting will be somewhat less enjoyable as Mr. Don Wolf, president emeritus has passed recently.

            One of my memories of Mr. Wolf is, when we were opening the Center here in Waco Texas back in 1979 (for the math impaired person, that is 40 years ago) Mr. Wolf had a meeting with the Board of Directors and their spouses, along with me and my spouse.

My spouse and I sat next to Mr. Wolf. Don began the meeting with comments, then he allowed each of the board of directors to comment. The last director had commented and it was my turn to comment, and I was very nervous. Don asked if he could interject something prior to my comment. He spoke for a couple minutes and as I listened to what he was saying I forgot totally that I was going to speak in front of the group. Don finished his comment and allowed me to comment. I have always believed he knew I was nervous and he made those remarks in an effort to allow me to calm down. It worked!

 

Always be mindful of others!

 

The mindless wonder; Don Ford


Virus-free. www.avg.com

No comments: