Translate

Friday, July 3, 2015

What !!! July 3rd

 
                Whose truck is it, mine or Charlies?
                I had walked outside the Homestead, attempting to make it to my favorite rocking chair. I started to say, “My only rocking chair”, but we do have two on the front porch. I would have been incorrect had I have made that statement, and as we all know, it is difficult for me to say I was incorrect or be incorrect.
                I made it to the chair, cold drink in hand. I placed the drink in the appropriate spot, not too close and not too far away (in easy reach of my hand) and sat down. As usual, I began to survey the immediate area for intruders, misplaced items and to review others so called yard work, which always provides me with hours of appropriate criticism of their attempts at having a nice looking yard.
                That is when I observed Charlie, laying on my pickup, photo below. He did not seem to be interested in what I was doing and almost seemed to be claiming my truck for himself!
                I hope you noticed how clean the pickup looks. I have not washed it for several months now, I assume the rains have kept it clean.
               
                Now that if is July, I need to get my motorcycle inspected. I called the shop and asked if they would be open on July 3rd. The answer was in the affirmative, so I said I would bring the bike out for an inspection.
                I also ask the owner if he wanted to purchase my trailer that I have pulled behind the Gold Wing. He asked if it was in good condition and I responded with, “yes”.
                He asked me to bring it when I came for the inspection and he would purchase it if it is as good as I say.
                Friday morning I attached the trailer to the Gold Wing (see below) and pulled it to the shop. The photo was taken in front of The Homestead, not at the shop.
The owner of the shop looked the bike over as one of the other fellows inspected the bike. He said he would buy the trailer. He paid me in cash! This was one of the few times I have gone to a bike shop and left with more money that I had when I arrived.
                There was the time many years ago, I went to a grand opening of a bike shop and I won the grand prize which was my choice of, “a new digital camera”, (they were kinda the thing back then) or money. Being a quasi techie back then, I already had a digital camera, so I took the money (I believe it was $400.00).
 
                Passing the inspection I left Elmont Texas heading in a non-direct route to Clifton Texas for lunch. 98 miles later I arrived at the bunk house.
                It was a nice ride, and a nice lunch.                 
                I took the direct route home, into the recliner, where I relaxed for about 30 minutes.
 
I hope your day is filled with pleasant surprises!
                           
Don Ford 
 
 

No comments: