Translate

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Don't look Ethel 05.13.15

 
                But it was too late, she’d already been mooned…
Of course, those are lyrics from the song, “The Streak” by Ray Stevens.
                The song (for those of you who don’t know) had to do with a streaker. You know, a person, usually a male, who enjoys running nude through places where people can see them.  Why is it, when someone exposes their rear end to another, it is considered as being, “mooned”? 
                Well it happened to me early Thursday morning as I was standing in my own drive way, minding my own business.
                Yes, you are correct, many things seem to happen to me while on the drive way of, “The Ford Homestead”.
                I don’t think it is due to aliens, you know, the aliens from outer space, not those that come from other countries. Everyone, even readers of this Blog knows there is a place called,  “The Bermuda Triangle”, were all types of odd things have happened over the years. Now there hasn’t been any ships sink or air planes disappear around, “The Ford Homestead” but we may be in, “The Hewitt Triangle”.
                It was about 7:30 that Thursday morning, with what has become normal weather for those of us in central Texas. The sky was gray, filled with low clouds that were in reality a fog but not at ground level. Yes I know, all clouds are the same as fog just not at ground level. I hope you don’t mind, but I would like to tell this story, my way!
The clouds were very low and moving quickly with the breeze. I had noticed that the clouds would go from thick to thin and then completely break apart providing a clear view of the blue sky, then as quickly as they opened, they were back together again.
                As I stood there pondering what I might do today, I was mooned.
                I wonder who coined the word, “mooned”.  What does the south end of a north bound human have to do with the moon?
                That just reminded me, (true story) last week when my present wife and her friend were having their yard sale, there was a guy that flashed two of the women, fortunately my spouse was not one. I guess it is always a surprise when someone exposes themselves.
                Back to my story, after the first quick glance I found that I could not stop looking. It is odd how something could get my attention like that.
I decided to get the camera and see if I could get a photo.
When I came back outside I had the camera turned on and ready to take photos, but as luck would have it the subject was covered, nothing showing.
I sat down in my rocker, camera in hand, ready just in case there was another opportunity for a quick look, and a photo.
                The low clouds cleared just long enough for me to be mooned again and get a photo.
If you have to be mooned, this is the way to do it!
 
                Now we see a totally different situation here in, “The Hewitt Triangle”. Sir Charlie is doing his thing as he observes a squirrel, hoping to have the squirrel for supper invite the squirrel to join Charlie for supper.
Our neighbor has suggested that we might want to paint Charlie with camouflage colors, which could help him get closer to his new friends.  
These photos were shot from the drive way of, “The Ford Homestead”. Charlie seems to do ok with his white and tan colors as seen in the photo below.
                Many things seem to happen while in the drive way of, “The Ford Homestead”, in, “The Hewitt Triangle”.
The saga of Sir Charlie making friends with the Squirrel will be continued. Stay tuned for the final results of the encounter.   
 
Enjoy time on your drive way!   
 
Don Ford

No comments: