Translate

Monday, May 4, 2015

Multi topics 05.04.15

                In the beginning was the winter and the beginnings of our garden.
As time passed, the warm weather came along with a copious (do you like that word), amount of rain. The garden is growing like weeds (and I need to get the weeds out of the garden). There is a rabbit or two that likes our back yard because we do not have a dog to chase them.
The onions have been rather hot, which may be due to the rapid growth.
One afternoon I was sitting in my favorite rocker, alone with a cold drink in my hand, when I observed the moon rising early. I could see it through a gap in between tree limbs. Being an enthusiastic photographer, I spring from the rocker almost as if I were a gymnast, and like a flash I ran in the house to get a camera. I hope you can see the image I saw, when I was taking the photo.
 
This photo was taken as the sun was going down early evening, “Fire in the sky”.
The following photo shows a junk sale I mean a yard sale that was presented by my first wife and her friend. It is amazing that so many people will go to these sales. Some go looking for that item that is worth a small fortune that they only pay a dollar for, while others may be looking to add to a collection. Some are looking to purchase items for resale at their own garage sales, while many enjoy meting and talking.
                 I only spent a short time at this sale when it became apparent that some people are regulars, my spouse knew some of these people by name, which makes her a regular too.
Having a garage sale is safer for my spouse than picking up aluminum cans from the highway.
I thought a professionally executed photo of a white rose would be nice.
                I do not have a photo for the next topic, but it should suffice to say, “They do exist”.
I was standing on the driveway contemplating what I might do the rest of the day, when I observed what appeared to be, a female subject walking down the street. My first thought was this female was not from our neighborhood. She also, at first glance, appeared to be pregnant. She continued walking, arriving at the corner she waved at me as she turned right to walk down Arkansas Street.
                At this point I determined two things. First she no longer appeared to be pregnant but she did have big lungs. Second she had a brown blouse, the sleeves that appeared to be frilly at the hand, covered her hands completely. The brown blouse at this distance, look like hair. This female subject walked in an unusual manner.
                Have you seen the video of big foot in the forest, which was taken years ago? The video showed big foot walking and the big foot swung its arms in an odd manner. This female swung her arms in the same manner as big foot. I believe this female is a big foot, disguised as a human, living near our neighborhood. “They do exist”!
 
Our grandson Alex always has something to say such as Papa you have a big belly, or Papa you are old and I am new.  The comment I like best is when he says, “Papa we are best friends”.
 
The other afternoon I was resting in my rocker when I saw either a large hawk or an eagle gliding overhead. I occasionally see this bird but never have a camera available when it is around. This time the hawk circled overhead as I watched. This hawk suddenly folded his wings and descended like a rock into the neighbor’s tree.
I heard this hawk hit the tree limbs and thrash through the leaves, then he dropped down below the tree limbs and flew away. I could not tell if he had anything in his talons as he flew away, but there was a cloud of small feathers, resembling those from a dove’s breast, raining down under the tree. If the hawk didn’t get the bird, it surely hurt the bird.
 
May the Ford be with you!
                Do you like the play on words? You know, from Star Wars, “may the force be with you”! I would like to say I made that up but I didn’t, I heard it on the so called morning news.
 
Don Ford
 

No comments: