Translate

Friday, April 17, 2015

Voice of Thunder 04.17.15

 
                As I was meandering through the vast properties at, “The Ford Homestead of Hewitt, Texas”, I was enthralled with the beauty and peacefulness of my surroundings. The grass has been manicured by our gardener, the flowers are blooming and roses are not equaled anywhere else in this fine state. The garden, which will (for this couple living on a fixed income) be a main part of our food supply, is beginning to produce much growth.  
As I was viewing, “The Yellow Rose of Texas”, (which just happens to be growing in the base of one of the antenna towers) my mind was at peace with the world.
  
While thinking of peaceful thoughts, I remember the bird’s nest that is located in the rose bushes, I decided to get a photo. It is difficult to see the bird which is located just behind the rose in the center of the photo. Yes the bird is on the nest, but one can’t distinguish the bird due to the growth. 
While enjoying all this beauty I was suddenly struck by an ultra-loud thunder sound, and just for a second I thought it may be getting ready to storm.  When the sound continued and grew even louder, I knew it was Space-X testing another rocket. Their facility is about 10 miles from The Homestead.
                For those of you that do not live in this area and who have never heard a rocket test, you can’t imagine how loud and disrupting this sound can be. There are times when it seems to shake the ground. These rocket tests do, “have the voice of thunder”!
 
Enjoy this spring, summer will be here soon.
 
Don Ford            
 
 
 

No comments: