Translate

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Excellent Service 01.06.15

 
                Everyone knows that I am a fair person, and that I seldom criticize anyone for anything, unnecessarily. This opening statement seems to be somewhat controversial, as I can see two of you making a face. You should remember I used the word, “unnecessarily”, meaning, when I criticize it is needed and necessary.  
                I did have some constructive criticism for a person that worked at a fast food establishment in a recent post, and wanting to show that this door swings both ways, I would like to complement a few folks who also work in the food industry. 
                Friday night my spouse of 45 years and I were in McGregor Texas. Before anyone asks, we were there due to the passing of a friend.
                Instead of driving to Waco for our evening repast, we decided to stop at a local restaurant with friends and procure our evening meal. The restaurant is “Doc’s” and there was possibly 3 or 4 other groups eating when we arrived. Even though the restaurant side was almost empty, the bar on the opposite side of the building (a part of Doc’s) seemed to have several lively patrons.  
                We were seated in a booth and the young lady asked how we were doing, to which I responded with my usual, and might I say, clever comment, “I am pretty, and the others are good”. The young lady seem to enjoy the comment. She asked if she could take our drink orders.                I do not remember the exact exchange of words but she was having fun BS-ing with us. I enjoy a lively conversation with the servers. Each time she came by the table we had some type of exchange.
                The manager, who did not appear to be much older than our server, brought our drinks to the table. This young lady also seemed to be enjoying her work and she was also willing to engage in spontaneous conversation. The food was served and I must say it was good.
                The evening was enjoyable in part, because the staff appeared to enjoy doing their jobs.
 
                Saturday, my present wife and I went to Jason’s Deli for lunch. You may remember that our last visit to this establishment, we spent part of our time in line looking at some woman’s behind. That did not happen this visit.
                We had decided to go early since Gabi and Alex were going to arrive at our house between 12:30 and 1:00pm and stay the afternoon and evening.
                We walked in and there was no line at the order taker. Those eating at this time of the day are usually older people. We placed our order and this young lady was very polite and helpful. She said our drinks were no charge and asked if we wanted to-go glasses, which we gladly accepted.
                The food arrived at the table in short order and I must say it was good.
The bus boy came by several times picking up anything that we had finished with. He commented on the sandwich that I had, saying it was his favorite until he tried a new sandwich they have on the menu. He suggested that we might try it on our next visit. 
                Usually the people that clean up the tables don’t say a word. I noticed this young man was visiting with many of the customers in a very courteous manner.
                The manager was walking through asking customers if everything was good, so I flagged her down. I told her we were very happy with all the service we had received today. I explained that the service, in my opinion, was excellent. That comment put a smile on her face.
Excellent service, is not something I have often experienced, especially not two times in two days.
Was it just me or, were people being nice?
 
I hope all your service is excellent!
 
Don Ford
 

No comments: