Translate

Friday, January 11, 2013

Theft at "The Ford Homestead"

               Theft of any type is deplorable and not acceptable. It is especially bad when the suspected thief is someone you know.
 
               As I hope you have determined by my opening statement, there has been a theft at the Ford Homestead and we believe we know the perpetrator. This removal of property occurred a couple weeks ago.
Even though we believe we know who took the money and we believe we know why.  We have not been able to prove our suspicions as of yet but we continue to observe and hope that the guilty party will return the money or slip up and then we will have the proof.
 
               Our house is getting back to normal as my wife of 43 years has been taking down the Christmas trees (all but one) and I have moved them to the shed for storage. There is enough open area in the living room now that we can change our mind without going outside.  I know, that is an old joke, sorry.
               My rain gage had almost 4.75 inches of rain in it.  If you saw the photo from our back door in the previous posting, there was water standing several inches deep in our back yard. The next day the water was gone, absorbed into the ground like a sponge.
               We celebrated our youngest son’s birthday by going out to supper Thursday evening (a good time was had by all). I hate to say how old he is because it makes me feel even older.  He will be 38 on the 12th. Our oldest son will be 42 on the 28th of this month. I can’t be old enough to have sons that old.
 
               If a thief is able to get into and out of your home without you knowing, does that make them a “cat burglar”? 
 
I changed the door knob and lock that goes from my office into the garage today. Who knows how many people had a key to that door. I hate to think that I may need to get an alarm system; I already have 5 security cameras around the outside of the house.
The amount of money taken wasn’t much for working person but for someone such as me on a “fixed income” a $20.00 bill is a lot of money. The $20.00 bill was lying on the sink in our bathroom. My wife of 43 years was getting dressed (I think she was going shopping) and had been in and out of the bathroom several times.  When she finish dressing and was ready to leave she asked if I had taken the $20.00.  I had not.
We retraced her steps but the money was not to be found.  She stated that it was lying there and she had not moved it.  I, my wife of 43 years and Miss Molly were the only three that had been in the bath room. I did not take it; my wife of 43 years did not take it; so naturally we suspect Molly.  
We have checked her usual hiding places but have not yet found the money.
 
This morning I was following my normal routine and after finishing my 3 cups of coffee I went to, “the only room in the house where a 9 year old boy could be alone”. That quote is from the movie, “A Christmas Story”.
As I rested in that room I was able to observe the suspect enter the adjacent room and jump on the sink. Miss Molly proceeds to investigate everything.  I would say she is “very curious”. After reviewing everything on both sinks she returned to mine and picked up a receipt that was about the size of a dollar bill.  She played with it for a few seconds, and then with the paper in her mouth, she jumped from the sink.  I thought I would follow her and possibly learn of her hiding place.
There was a problem; I had not finished the paper work and was unable to immediately pursue the suspect. 
 
From the still investigating mind of                           Don Ford
 
All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.
 
 
 
 

No comments: