Translate

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Never Satisfied.

            Those two words are a very true statement.

 
This morning I looked out the back door as I considered allowing my constant companion and confidant “Tejas” out for a toilet break. I immediately observed the water lapping against the door step.  I did not have a life jacket for Tejas and I am not sure about his ability to swim so he was denied the exit.
We immediately proceeded to the garage where I knew he would be able to exit the house on solid cement. My companion was initially happy that he could go outside but he soon learned the rain was on all side of the house. Tejas took about 3 steps out into the rain and turned around re-entering the garage. He later told me that he didn’t need to go that bad and he would just hold it.
We diffidently need the rain and appreciate every inch we are receiving.  At the time of this writing our rain gage has about 3.10 inches overnight with more on the way. We would rather have had an inch per day over several days but…
When I returned from taking Gabi to school this morning I noticed how nice the front yard looked with the rain.  It seems to be saying, “Finally I have the needed moister”. 
I know this sounds stupid (which is not unusual for me) but, the yard seemed to be “happy”. I am wondering if I am happy with the rain and projecting my thoughts to my yard.
 
On a slightly different subject; the other day when I was attempting to find room for the decorations in the shed I noticed my old “Colman Camping Stove”. This stove must be 40 years old so I decided to see if it would work and if not I would get rid of it.
I put a few drops of oil into the pump and waited a couple minutes.  I was surprised that it would pump pressure into the gas tank. The next question is how old is the gas in the tank and will it even burn.  I turned the valve on and I could hear the gas coming through the burner and it smelled real bad.  I went ahead and put a match to the burner and it actually worked. I then opened the second burner and lit it. 
That Colman stove must be a quality product.  I think we will keep it.
 
From the wet mind of                     Don Ford
All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission id strictly prohibited.
 
 
                                                                                                                 
                  
 

No comments: