Translate

Monday, January 14, 2013

"Maybe it's Christmas"

As we were driving to school on this cold Texas morning, I pointed out that there was white sleet on the house tops. 

 
Gabi my granddaughter of 6 years commented, “Maybe it’s Christmas”.
For those who live north of the Ford Homestead, you may be more use to seeing that white stuff (AKA snow or sleet) in the roof tops or car hoods.  For those of us here at the Ford Homestead, a little white stuff on a table top is something to see.
It is easy to understand why Gabi would suggest, “Maybe it’s Christmas”.
               I do not want to receive any comments about the hose storage at the Ford Homestead; at least they are not on the lying on the ground and it is behind the house.
 
               I guess I am never satisfied; I don’t like the cold weather and I don’t like the hot weather. Both make me want to stay inside and that usually means the TV or Radio is on. Listening to the same “crap” on the TV or radio is very boring. We are not supposed to use the technical term “crap” around the grandkids, but it is ok to write in in the blog posting.
 
               As I sit here at the computer, the TV to my right is on and I continue to hear the same commercials. It is not just the commercials but also the morning TV shows are basically the same junk over and over. I have just switched from the TV to the outside security camera.  I use the security cameras to provide me with the impression of a window.  People on fixed income can’t afford to have windows. 
 
From the cold weather mind of    Don Ford
All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.
 
 

No comments: