Translate

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sick and Tired of it!

               Literally, I am sick, and tired of it.
               It started on Monday the 14th, 2013.  I woke up with a cough and it continued to get worse through the week. At times I was sure I was coughing up a lung and that is not a pleasant feeling. During the week I had coughed and sneezed so much, that my ribs would start to hurt if I just thought about coughing. 
Friday I started taking something for the cough and it has a decongestant in it. This stuff works; my cough was reduced to a couple every 4 hours. The few coughs are productive if you know what that means.
This over the counter decongestant and cough suppressant is supposed to be non-drowsy.  I have the feeling that part is not correct, at least not correct for me. I have slept day and night, yes even more than the usual retired person does.
Yesterday I went outside and sat in the sun where the wind was not blowing. It was a very nice day, clear skies with temps in the mid-60s. As I sat there all warm and comfortable, I went to sleep. Yep, sitting in that chair I went to sleep. I am not sure how long I was asleep but Tejas, (my constant companion and confidant) stepped on my foot at the same time as his wet nose touched my hand.  I jumped as if I were shot. He didn’t indicate whether he wanted to be petted or possibly I was snoring and he thought I was bothering the neighbors.
 
From the sick and tired brain of                Don Ford
 
 
                                                                                                                 
                  
 

No comments: