Translate

Saturday, March 24, 2012

One neighbor’s lawn is mowed

As I sit here thinking about my day I am happy to say that one of my neighbors had their lawn mowed today.  I was in the computer room early this morning when I observed a yellow pickup pull up in front of the neighbor’s house.  Yes I have some cameras on the outside of my house and I can keep an eye on things without being outside.  I thought the truck was the fellow that comes through the neighborhood picking up junk metal. 

Last Monday morning I was sitting in my favorite rocker on the driveway near the garage door having a cup of coffee when this fellow stopped and asked if I had anything to haul off. I have given him items in the past so he will stop and ask when he sees me outside.  I had nothing this time but I knew the neighbor had an old tiller in his yard so I told him about the tiller.  The neighbor was not home so I did not go into his yard to get the tiller. The junk man said he would come back later.

Two guys got out of the pickup and carried some tools to the neighbor’s back yard. First they started cleaning up the limbs and other debris, putting some of the items in a pile and some in their pickup. They repaired the chain link fence and dug up parts of old fence post from a privacy fence that is long gone. They worked at this most of the day.  About 3:30 they started weed eating and mowing the yard. They must have missed some debris as the fellow using the mower kept hitting items as he mowed. To my surprise they mowed part of the ditch; this has never been mowed by anyone that has lived in that house. The two fellows did a good job but my yard looks better.  Now if the other neighbor would clean up his yard it would help make me happy.

Donna was at her garage sale again today and I am left at home all alone. She called a few minutes ago saying they were closing down but she did not know when she would be home. They were going out for supper and then she was going to the grocery store. I told her that was ok I could just eat another cold sandwich like I had for lunch.

I accomplished a couple things today while I was all alone (are you feeling sorry for me yet); I painted the bathroom door, I mowed my yard, I picked up a couple small piles of twigs and put them in the trash can, I took two showers and I watched a black and white movie during lunch. I did not get a nap today. L

Tejas met a new dog this afternoon, his name was Teddy.  Teddy was loose and running through the neighborhood causing all the dogs in their pens to bark continually.  Tejas has never met a dog that he doesn’t like.  Teddy was very friendly and decided to hang around with Tejas. Teddy was well groomed so I knew he had an owner. Tejas, Teddy and I waited in the front yard for about 20 minutes then the minivan pulled up looking for Teddy. The fellow said Teddy had gotten out twice today.  The fellow would not come in the yard saying he did not want to get bitten by Tejas.

Now I must start thinking about bed time.  Good night all.

 

From the never ending thoughts of Don Ford      

 

Thanks.

 

All rights reserved, any reproduction or distribution without written permission is prohibited.

                 

 

No comments: