Translate

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Is getting high bad for you? 11.24.15

 

            What a silly question, everyone knows there is no right answer to this question!

If you are a senior citizen or even a senior non-citizen, getting too high on a ladder and then falling off is bad for you.

If you are a senior citizen, and you get on an airplane that flies 30,000 feet above the earth, it is not bad for you (unless it falls out of the sky).

I began to consider this subject a couple days ago, when I saw Charlie getting high. Then the next day there was Molly, she was just as high as Charlie, what is this world coming to?

            Charlie likes the high and lows of using a slide from the kids fort.

Different subject:

In an effort to respond to questions from my multitudes of bookworms, I have chosen this frequently ask question to answer, in this exciting postication (postication, is a new word that I take credit for, meaning something I wrote and posted, kind of like publication). 

                        “Why do I walk in the dark, and why do I walk just along our street?”

            Those are good questions, thanks for asking! I learned to make a positive statement, or what seems to be a positive statement, in my first response to any question, by watching career politicians. They lie so easily, it would be fun to watch if it weren’t for the fact that they are being paid to lie to you and me. So again I say, “Those are good questions, thanks for asking!”

            Your first thought might be that I walk before the sun comes up, because I am walking in the nude. That is only a true statement when the weather is warm.

            Walking in the predawn hours makes it difficult for me to see the yards and properties of others, and walking the same path may be somewhat boring but, it keeps me from judging others. 

            I know, it is difficult for you to even think, that I might be judgmental, and in truth I am not. I do however examine what others have done, or have not done, in their yards, trees, flowers and shrubbery. Then after careful thought, I determine what they should have done to meet my expectations. Then I realize that these people will probably never live up to my high standards, and I have wasted all that thought processing time, when I could have been meditating on more interesting hypothesis.

            Now you know why I walk in the dark, I do not want to be distracted by others inabilities to manage their properties according to my rigid and precise requirements. 

 

            I guess I need to stop my journalistic endeavors and go outside to work on the outhouse and a few more lighting chores, that my present spouse is forcing allowing me to do. The outhouse is where we put the flowers to keep them from freezing during the winter, some people refer to them as a hot house but ours is not very hot.

I have a frame made of PVC and I will move it to it’s out of the wind location then cover it with a clear plastic. I install a shelf area which allows more flower pots to be stored for the cold months.

You may recognize the frame from being on top of the original part of the kid’s fort. I took it off and it has been in the way all summer. Now it is being put to good use.

 

We hope your Thanksgiving is filled with family, friends and plenty of food. If you are driving please take your time and watch for the other guy, “he is a nut”.

 

Don Ford

 

No comments: