Translate

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Christmas present ideas 11.17.15

                For that one reader who is about to make some type of comment that will show their inability to consider my feelings, yes I know it is not yet Christmas!
                In today’s well written and properly composed article, I will attempt to help you through one of the year’s most difficult, sometimes depressing, always stressful and may I say, Fun Times. You may be wondering what I am describing? Well, it is my attempt to help you fine the proper Christmas present, for yours truly, me! 
                I understand that it is always stressful when searching for just the right present.
Is it nice enough for, “The Don”?
Should I get the more expensive version, so “The Don” knows how much he is appreciated?
Would a $500.00 gift card show “The Don” how much he is liked?
                All are very viable questions.
                It was suggested by one of my daughter-in-law’s, that I need new floor mats for the new Ford’s Chevy. She suggested the nice ones that cost almost as much as the pickup did. She also had the nerve to suggest that I could help my present spouse pick up cans in order to get enough money to purchase said floor mats.
I explained to the daughter-in-law, that I have this back problem and it makes it difficult for me to do any type of manual labor. I went on to explain, “If I offered to help, my present wife would probably want me to take the pickup. Then she would try to toss the cans in the back of the truck. That would present the possibility of scratches, and it would for sure, get the truck dirty”.
          Now you see why I can’t have the floor mats, it would mean work for me and my truck might get dirty.
                I offered the following suggestion to my daughter-in-law, and I offer it to you also:
“Perhaps you would like to help my present wife in her, “Canning project” (picking up the cans)!
Possibly you could make a weekend of, “Canning” with my present spouse.                     
               
                Another possibility for a Christmas present, would be something that cost even more than the floor mats! See below photo. When observing the photo the proper response would be, “OH, aren’t they cute”!
I had text a person asking about the puppies that were in the paper, and this is what they texted me back!         You can say it again, “Oh, aren’t they cute!”
                I have one additional suggestion for a Christmas present for, “The Don”, which I present to you now, and it is a new coin holder. I started to call it a coin purse, but realized I would get comments from that one person! Please see the photo below, my old coin holder is cracked and will soon be useless.
            This item is difficult to find, so I am presenting this suggested Christmas present, 6 weeks prior to Christmas, which should allow enough time for you to find it, wrap it, and send it to, “Yours Truly”, Me!

Don’t be a scrooge, get me a present!

Don Ford

No comments: