Translate

Thursday, September 4, 2014

The last place I looked... 09.04.14

 
                I had been looking for some booklets, that I had put in a safe place, with instructions as to how to program my hand held radios (aka walkie talkie). I am sure that this never happens to you, but I can put an item somewhere for safe keeping (so I can find it later), then I forget where I put it. 
                There is some good that comes from me looking through all my old files and storage places, and that is, I threw away some old unwanted junk. Don’t get me wrong, there is still plenty of stuff to be tossed out.
                I had looked for these booklets for three days and had just about given up ever finding them. I opened the right hand top desk drawer. This drawer contains miscellaneous items (junk drawer) where I keep a pack of gum for Alex. There is a file folder that has been in this drawer for at least a year if not longer. I thought it had some old receipts in it so I decided to go through the receipts and toss out the oldest.  
                You guessed it, when I opened the folder there were the booklets I had been looking for. Yes, there was a couple receipts in the folder that were quickly discarded.
 
                The last place I looked! 
                Have you ever thought about that statement?  When you are looking for something it is always in the last place you looked.
                Why is it always in the last place you looked? Because, “you stop looking when you find the item”.                 When you stop looking, it has to be in, “the last place you looked”.
                                                                                                                                                  
   It is a terrible burden that I carry, having to explain these things to you.
 
For that one person who said, “That aint right”, I will further explain.
If it isn’t in the last place you looked, one of two things has taken place.
<   1)   You were not focused on your search and over looked the item the first time you looked in the place where you later found it.
<   2)  You are a little crazy.
 
There is a good chance that both of the above apply if it wasn’t in the last place you looked.
 
I hope it is in the first place you look.
 
Don Ford

No comments: