Translate

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Inventive, yes I am 09.16.14

               
                Days are getting shorter as the sun drifts to the southern hemisphere. This is a natural event occurring annually. It also means the sun is rising a little later each day.
                How would this affect me, you ask. It means I am leaving the homestead at about the same time each morning, for the daily constitutional, and it is dark. In other words, the sun rises later each day.
                It is dark enough that I have decided to carry a flash light. The light helps me see anything hiding in the shadows.
Yesterday I observed a red flashing light coming down the street in the dark. It appeared to be a light that one would see on the back of a bike. 
                It was a female runner and she had the light tied to her foot. As she passed I noticed that it could not be seen from behind, and that is where I would think she would want it to be seen.
I also carry a cane or walking stick because I like them, and just in case some ones ankle biter (aka Chihuahua) gets out and attacks me.
Being a person that believes in combining actions, thus reducing the effort put into any particular activity, I decided to attach the light to the cane. This allowed me to have one hand free at all times.
The light on the cane pointed down showing the road in front of me and if I wanted to see something away from the road I just pointed my cane and I could see. Also the light provides vehicles and other walkers enough light to see where I am.
                I presented my combined cane and light to my spouse of 45 years and she made a frowny face. What does a woman know about lights and canes?
 
The following are photos that were taken from my short radio tower. I did a test climb to see what I would need in the way of tools to take down, one old broken antenna and one that isn’t broken.
 
You may have noticed the “F” on top the chimney, which is to help the Google Earth people find our homestead. The tall tower is to the left in the photo.
This is a short tower, my feet were about 23 foot above the ground.
This shot is over my shoulder looking toward the street.
 
If you are going to get high, this is the way to do it.
 
Don Ford

No comments: