Translate

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Crazy retired man sweeps front yard.

               Here it is December 19th, and the outside temperature was 80 yesterday and may be a record 80 again today.  There is nothing like temps in the 80s to make you think about Christmas. Tomorrow morning the temp is predicted to be in the 30s with winds of 20 mph and temps in the teen’s tomorrow night.
The weather guy is suggesting the possibility of snow flurries after Christmas but not a strong possibility.
               Yesterday I watered around the house; this drought is really bad and our pour ground is shrinking, leaving big cracks. I also gave Tejas a bath which he appreciated.
               This morning I decided to attempt to pick up some of the acorns at least in the areas where we walk. The grass is the areas where we walk is in poor condition, I don’t like to use a rake as it pulls up the runners and that is not good for the grass.  I have my old broom and I use it to sweep the acorns into a pile then I sweep the acorns from the pile onto a shovel then put them in my little red wagon.               
               In all honesty my little red wagon isn’t little but it is red.
I often wonder what people think as they drive by and see a retired senior citizen sweeping his yard. I keep expecting the Hewitt Yard Police to stop and check out my mental abilities. 
 
From the Crazy yard sweeping mind of     Don Ford
 
All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution  without written permission is strictly prohibited.
 
 
 
 
                                                                                                                  
                  
 

No comments: