Translate

Monday, December 17, 2012

Best Buy Concerns

 
Friday, December 14, 2012
Best Buy concerns:
 
               Today December 14th, 2012 was my third attempt to get a $25.00 savings code from Best Buy.
The savings code was a two day event Nov. 25th and 26th.  Purchase $250.00 from Best Buy on either of those two days and their advertisement stated, they will send you a savings code, “emailed to you within 4 to 7 days”.
               On November 25th I purchased on line more than the required $250.00.  I picked the merchandise up at the store on Nov 25th. I did not receive the email with the savings code within the 4 to 7 days per Best Buy advertisement.
               On December 4th, I phoned Best Buy and explained that I had not received the email saving code.  I was told, “You will receive a $25.00 gift certificate within the next 3 to 5 business days”. I did not receive the gift certificate or other communication from Best Buy.
               On December 12th at 10:00 AM I again called and explained the situation.  I was told “you will receive and email or phone call from Best Buy within 24 to 48 hours”. I did not receive any communication from Best Buy.   
               On December 14, 2012 at 11:30 (a little more than 48 hours since I last contacted Best Buy) I again called Best Buy (888-237-8289) and again explained my problem. I explained, this is the third call I have made and my problem has not been solved. I was told, “The other agent had issued the $25.00 certificate but it did not go through”.  This agent then said “he would issue the certificate and this time it will go through”. I was told “you will receive an email conformation within 24 to 48 hours” and “you should keep the confirmation”.  He told me, “The certificate will be mailed to my mailing address in 10 to 14 business days”. That means there is a good chance I will not receive the certificate until the New Year, depending on what Best Buy considers business days.
After talking with the agent I made the above notes.  I then went to the mail box to see if we had any mail. In the mail was the $25.00 gift certificate from Best Buy.  Now this presented a new concern; I now need to call them back to tell them I received the certificate.
               This certificate was probably approved to be sent after the first call to BB. There seems to be a big delay in the approval to send something and actually receiving the item.
 
I wrote the following statement when I was upset and now that I am not upset I am still of the same opinion.
               It is my opinion; Best Buy in its written advertisement and in its verbal communications has provided me with untrue, inaccurate or false information. This company obviously does not follow up with customers who have concerns or problems. 
 
December 17th, 2012
               I believe Best Buy has a system that is supposed to work; they hire people from a call center in another country to handle their problems and do not give them the means to solve a problem. Big companies wonder why there are perceptions from the customer that they don’t care.       
               Big companies could solve many of their problems if they, asked some customers for their opinions (not these surveys that are done by an outside company but a sit down discussion with customers face to face; group discussions will not be effective as the group will usually follow the lead of a dominant participant) and then have management actually consider what they have been told.  This will never happen because management (the highly educated management team who “understand” how companies should be ran) will never stoop so low as to get information from a non-professional.  
               Big companies like Best Buy should occasionally have one on one meetings with some of the local customer service employees; I believe they have a better understanding of customer concerns than the surveys that are taken by the outside service. 
               Ok now I am done with this rant; I hope you have a good day.

Donald Ford
 
 
                 Don Ford                           
                                                                                                                  
                  
 

No comments: