Translate

Monday, December 17, 2012

Ask, and ye shall; seek, and ye shall; knock, and it shall be

 
               Good morning from the Ford Homestead of Hewitt, TX.
            I was actually thinking about “listening to the sounds around me” as I sat in my rocker having a cup of coffee. My rocking chair is just outside the garage door so the sounds were from the outside world.
            As I sat there it reminded me of sitting in a deer stand from before sun rise and listening to the sounds as the day began. With the exception of the occasional car driving past the sounds heard from my rocking chair are very similar to what one will hear in a deer stand.
            As I pondered about the act of listening, a thought popped into my head, “Listen and you hear, think about what you heard and you will learn”.
            Then quotes from the bible came into my head from the olden days of attending the First Pentecostal Church in Cape Girardeau, Mo. “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you”.
            In both quotes (mine and the bible) you must do something to get something.
 
            Let’s all do something today!
 
From the quotable mind of           Don Ford
 
All rights reserved; any reproduction or distribution without written permission is strictly prohibited.
              
 
 
 
 
                                                                                                                 
                  
 

No comments: