Translate

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Ford Homestead expansion 08.07.15

                                                   Chapter 1
It all started in the Garden of Eden, or, maybe it was in the garden of the Ford Homestead.                   Instead of eating an apple from the tree of life, I, “the master wood butcher”, cut down the tree from the back yard.
 
The butchering of the tree, left a somewhat open spot in the yard near the grandkids fort, tree house, or whatever it was called that day. There have been times when it was a ship and pirates were all around us, then there was the time it was a space ship, (Alex has an imagination even greater than mine).
 
The grand kids liked to climb on the old stump, so I decided to try an build a tree house around the old stump. I hoped that they would be able to play in the tree house and also be able to climb on what was left of the tree stump.
 
First, I would need to make a drawing (plans) to determine what it could look like. Initial plans seemed to be easy to do, I had no idea that it would cost so much, or involve so much work. I should explain that most of the work has been in sweltering temperatures, often exceeding 100 degrees.  Before that one person asks why I was working in the heat of the day, I would like to answer that question. There is more shade during the afternoon, I don’t like to work in the direct sun light.
 


Well, that is how it all started, more to come.
 
 
Don Ford
 

No comments: