Translate

Monday, August 10, 2015

Breaking News! 08.10.15

As I get older, (no, I am not forewarning you of my upcoming birthday) I have a tendency to watch more so called news. One reason for this is, I get up earlier than most people, I have my coffee or maybe two cups, while I sit around and kinda try to think of what I might be going to do that day.
Again I would like to point out that this breaking news article, has nothing to do with the fact that I am going to have a birthday August 14th. This breaking news article is simply about the, “so called news reporting on TV”.
I have noticed, and I am sure you have also, that everything seems to be considered, “breaking news”. Example: it is 6:00am and the news person is saying, breaking news, there was a fire last night at…          It was breaking news last night, not this morning.
The term breaking news is being used for anything and everything, they are hoping to get your attention, somewhat like the politicians do when they use the word transparency or transparent.
          The breaking news story is the same at 6:00, 6:30, 7:00 and 7:30, how can it continue to be, breaking news.
 
Non-Breaking news from the Ford homestead, I am at the point now of painting the new addition. I started painting on Saturday. It would be easy if it were a wall to be painted but this addition has hundreds of individual boards, possibly thousands of corners and cracks that must also be painted. This Painting project will take considerable time as I am becoming older (birthday soon) and due to the fact the addition is two stories tall.
I didn’t get to work on the addition yesterday, I helped David trim more trees. We put 6 hours into this project starting about 7:30am. It was either 104 or 105 Sunday, and I want you to know it is difficult for a person who will be having a “birthday on August 14th“ to work in that exhausting summer heat.      
          I painted a little this morning, Gabi along with Alex offered to help paint.
 
We are getting new windows for the homestead at what I consider a very high price, (I know it is petty cash for you, but not for us retired people on a fixed income). My spouse of 46 years will need to work the highways twice as often, and twice as long, picking up the aluminum cans as she has in the past.
I want to ask those of you who live in this area to please start littering the roads with your cans, we need litter bugs!
There are a couple roads that she works which also offer the opportunity of road kill, she will need to be even more vigilant than in the past.
Kinda Breaking News from “The Ford Homestead”. I just spilt a full glass of milk here on my desk. Why was the milk on the desk?  I was attempting to eat lunch and put this article together at the same time.
 
May your day be cool and rainy!
                        Maybe I want the cool and rain, and maybe I don’t care if you get any or not!
Don Ford
 

No comments: