Translate

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Saying... 01.29.14

               During this busy afternoon I had wondered out of the house for a few minutes. My grandson of 3.5 years joined me outdoors. Together we swept up leaves from the garage and drive. My neighbor came over to let me know that he was also busy today.
            If you haven’t picked up on the previous comments, “I had nothing to do”.
            The temperature was on the cool side, possibly close to 40 degrees. My neighbor commented prior to returning to his warm abode, he would attempt to warm up the Man Cave for happy hour this afternoon.
Happy hour can be from 30 minutes to an hour and a half depending on the number of subjects we have to discuss. We both attempt to disparage as many politicians as possible and that adds to our happy time. 
            Our neighbor has been remodeling his man cave for a while now and I must say it is looking good. If the weather is warm we sit outside in the afternoon and enjoy or happy time (AKA happy hour).
            What was my original thought?  Sayings; that is the topic for this thought-provoking article. The cold weather started me thinking about the saying, “it is a Three Dog Night or just Three Dog Night.”
Obviously everyone knows what is meant by “Three Dog Night” but I had never seen or thought of, “a Red Dog Night”.
            Below, I have photographically documented (I like to use big words like photographically when I actually know what they mean) the “Red Dog Night”. Actually I think I prefer the “Red Dog Night” to a “Three Dog Night”.
 
I hope your nights are just a peaceful as his “Red Dog Night”.
 
Don Ford
 
 

No comments: