Translate

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Better than a "selfie" 01.23.14

               I believe I should begin by defining “selfie”.
I know some of my readers are not technology savvy and some are too old to care about a “selfie”. While the younger readers and those like me that may be older but still very knowledgeable about technology and world events do enjoy an occasional “selfie”.
I just thought of what I wrote in the line above; enjoy an occasional “selfie”.  If one’s thoughts patterns leaned toward, “pleasure”, then a selfie could means something altogether different.
As I understand it, and using the common vernacular, a “selfie” is a photo taken of one’s self, most often using a cell phone camera. 
Let’s get on with this article and for the sake of this posting a “selfie” will be a photo of one’s self.
Yesterday my grandson was investigating everything in my office from the counter top. I decided to take a photo of him on the counter. I should say the photo is excellent quality and the finger is not in his nose but below the nose. I showed him the photo and noted that it appeared he had his finger in his nose. Alex quickly explained that he had an itch under his nose (see photo below).
               Please disregard the clutter in the office area.
               After seeing the photo of himself he wanted to take a photo of me. I gladly gave him the camera and he took my photo.
Alex is quickly becoming an experienced photographer on his way to becoming a master under my tutelage.
               As the title states, “Better than a selfie”, having a young photographer who wants to take my photo is much better than a selfie.
 
Here’s hoping you don’t have to rely on “selfies”. 
 
Don Ford
 

No comments: