Translate

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Watching TV
I may have learned something by watching one of the morning shows on TV.
               As usual I start my “hectic” day with a cup of coffee, a bowl of cereal and a little computer time. Next to my computer monitor is a TV which I turn on each morning to learn all the vital news stories.  The TV is also connected to 4 security cameras around the outside of my house. I often get tired of the “so called news” and wanting something more interesting than the “so called News” I turn on my cameras and watch the grass grow.  I have two views of the front yard which also looks up and down the street,  a view of the back yard and a view of the drive way.  There is a motion detector that alerts me of anyone or anything in my drive way.
               The news this morning provided some enlightenment for me which may explain many events in my life.  The story was about a woman that thinks she is pretty and she states that other women hate her because she is so beautiful. She believes that she has not received pay increases and or promotions from her female supervisors because she is so pretty.  She thinks friends talk about her behind her back because she is so pretty.  Her friends probably do talk about her because she is a nut.  (What I have seen of her on TV she’s possibly average in looks and she speaks with an accent.)
               Let’s, for a moment assume (we all know what happens when we ass/u/me) that she is correct in her assumptions. All the bad things that have happened to her, have occurred because she is, “pretty” and all other women just hate anyone who is prettier than them self.  If this assumption is correct how would it apply to me, an “older, handsome, gentleman (ok one out of three isn’t bad)?  Well, it might explain a lot. Assuming all the things she alleges about women is correct, and assuming those same allegations apply to men, that could mean I may not be handsome (hard to believe)
Do you know how difficult it is to have learned that I may not be handsome?  All my life I have told myself, I am handsome and I have also been willing to tell others that I am handsome. My mother even told me I was handsome and I am sure she would not lie.
I received pay increases and promotions from my male supervisors, which would indicate they did not hate me because I was more handsome than they were. Then, why is it that some men don’t seem to like me; possibly they don’t like me because “I am more intelligent” than they are.  I know for a fact that “I am more modest” than other men. When I worked “I always had better ideas” that other men did. It may be possible that some men just can’t enjoy being around positive, productive, conservative, modest, highly intelligent men like me
No response necessary, I am sure you agree with me.

From the modest, all knowing mind of       Don Ford

Thanks


All rights reserved, any reproduction or distribution without written permission is prohibited.



No comments: