Translate

Monday, April 2, 2012

Texas Food Groups

Why Texans do not have weight concerns.


          A good friend of mine (I know, it is hard to believe that I have a friend, but I do) has lost 50 pounds by eating correct foods in the correct amounts while exercising regularly. He has explained to me that the exercise is the most difficult part of the weight loss program. As I sit here eating my warm apple pie with ice cream, I am contemplating food, weight, exercise, which are all things that I have or do regularly.
1)    Food; we have enough here at the Ford House. 
2)    Weight; I have plenty.
3)    Exercise; I get exercise when I walk to the refrigerator (carrying that body weight)

I am of the opinion that living in different parts of the country may have something to do with people’s body weight. In school we learned about the food pyramid and food groups.  Another good friend (yes I have more than one friend) who is originally from Texas but now lives in a western state, recently told me about the “Texas food groups”. 
ü  Brisket
ü  Whataburger
ü  Bushes
If you aren’t from Texas or if you haven’t visited Texas you may not know about these food groups; I will attempt to explain.
ü  Brisket is a cut of beef (it can be from a lamb but not in this story) that when prepared properly is smoked overnight. The preparation of a brisket often requires several beers for the cook. When you cut into the smoked brisket there is a pink layer to the outside which for some new-bees makes them think it is not cooked properly. The smoke creates the pink layer. Brisket is best served with beans and potato salad and cold slaw.
ü  Whataburger is the name of a “Heavenly Place that create such things as the “Jalapeno Burger”. Without this establishment true Texans would possibly starve and probably riot in the streets. The drive through allows the patron to save their energy for the eating process later.
ü  Bushes is another delightful establishment that provides Chicken and Tea to the native Texans. The drive through at Bushes provides “exercise” for Texans. You ask how a drive through provides exercise; the young curb hops get their exercise bringing us the food and tea.

Now that you understand the Texas food groups you can see why Texans are more healthy and happy than people from other parts of the country.

Please understand the above information is provided as a learning experience.  We are “not” encouraging anyone to move to Texas.
         
          Thank You

From the all-knowing but never hungry mind of     Don Ford      

All rights reserved, any reproduction or distribution without written permission is prohibited.

No comments: