Translate

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

F-18 Hung out to dry

Did you hear about the recent F-18 that crashed into an apartment building? This note has nothing to do with that story. In all honesty this note may not be interesting and is not funny. Retired people that don't have anything to do other than sit around and try to find ways to annoy others. I do this by writing these notes and posting them. 
Below is my "F 18" hanging out to dry after a second coat of varnish. I have begun to call this my F-18 since I identify each piece with my initial "F" and a roman numeral. "F XVIII" = "F 18".  
In the photo below I have started #18, it will become a cane. Retired people living on social security need canes and walking sticks in order to get around (they are hard to carry on the motorcycle) I have already removed the bark from the stick. The head or handle is a left over piece of wood from another project.
Below we see a close up of the head with a hole drilled into it and the stick has the end filed down to fit into the hole.  You are correct; it is bent in the middle much like some of us retired people.
Below we see the head and stick connected. I have decided to reduce the size of the head by a couple inches. It has been suggested that instead of donating to a charity you could just donate to retired people you know.
Below shows the head or handle after I have removed about two inches.

If I had a job and wasn't on social security I could afford a cane that wasn't bent and maybe store bought.

Gotta go now, I am heading to Star Bucks for a Coffee and Cookie.
What, you want to know if Star Bucks have a senior discount. I don't know if they have a discount for senior citizens but I am going any way.  
               Have a good day!

From the retired but not tired mind of       Don Ford

All rights reserved, any reproduction or distribution without written permission is prohibited.

                                                                                                                 
                  

No comments: