Translate

Friday, February 20, 2015

Learning? 02.20.15

 
                “You can’t teach an old dog new tricks”, but can you teach an old man new things?
                I have been trying to learn some Spanish and have picked up on a couple new words.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ¿"No puedes enseñar un perro viejo nuevos trucos", pero puedes enseñarle cosas nuevas a un anciano?
He intentado aprender algo de español y han recogido en un par de palabras nuevo.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
                The problem for this old dog trying to learn a new language is, the program will present me with new words, but I have no idea what an individual word means. I can usually understand what the idea of the comment is, but I want to know what each word means.
                As you can see above, I have found a way to translate what a particular word means.
                Using the Word program, I can type a word or an entire page, then have it translated into Spanish.  That way, this old dog can learn the meaning of Spanish words.
These translations or from Spain Spanish not necessarily the Mexico Spanish. I can also go on line and fine the translation of words.
I think old men can be taught new things but not quickly.
 
                I am also trying to update my knowledge of Amateur (ham) radio practices. It has been several years since I have been involved and I need a refresher. I have started studying for the Extra class license (I have an advanced license now, next to the highest license which is Extra). Upgrading my license would not provide me with much additional spectrum and is not my goal. I just want to be able to talk with other hams while understanding the conversation.
 
                It is nap time, I must go now…
 
Have a good day.
 
Don Ford

No comments: