Translate

Friday, November 21, 2014

Wrong? No, Miscalculated? Maybe 11.21.14

 
                There are some in this world who would say I had miscalculated, or was incorrect, possibly just plain wrong in my estimation of time and distance.
                Back on October 24th, 2014 in a most excellent article, written by yours truly, that believe it or not, was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize, I made an estimate about time and distance. Below is an excerpt from that article.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Predawn hours             10.24.2014
As almost everyone knows, I am a very observant person who enjoys commenting on things that truly do not involve me. This morning, after the above events had unfolded, I once again was considering the coming day’s activities. I noticed a tree limb, which is about 8 foot long and covered with dead leaves, which had been laying in the neighbor’s yard near the curb for a couple weeks now, had been moved. It was now in the middle of their yard, approximately 12 feet from where it had been. That movement is a positive, and it shows progress. By my calculations, at that rate of movement, the limb may be totally out of the front yard in four weeks. Did I state that they mowed around the limb about ten days ago?
                   No, I am not being judgmental, merely observant.
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Let me start by saying the limb has not been touched by a human since the article of 10/24/2014. By my calculations, it has been four weeks to the day, and not only is the limb still there, two other limbs have joined it, although they are in different locations of the yard.
                Did I explain that this is a front yard, open to be viewed by all?
In a recent national study prepared by, “The Ford Homestead of Hewitt”, it was found; in 87% of homes whether owned or rented, their front yards reflected the cleanliness and organization or lack thereof, which exists inside their homes. (The previous statement, is from the national study and not necessarily a comment from me.)
                To read highlights from the study you may go to our website “thefordhomestead.org”, or if you would like the entire study please send $19.99 to, “The Ford Homestead of Hewitt” and request Study 408.b, yards and interiors by Don Ford.  You can receive a second copy Free, just pay additional shipping and handling of $19.99.                  Please allow 6 years for delivery. 
 
May your front yard be clean and well organized!
Don Ford
 

1 comment:

Mary said...

I do love your writings, you kill me!