Translate

Friday, November 28, 2014

Fall Colors in Hewitt, TX 11.28.14

 
                You just thought we didn’t have fall colors in the “City of Hewitt, TX.”
I went out to get the morning paper, yes we still get a so called newspaper. Have you seen a newspaper lately? The pages have gotten much smaller over the years to what I estimate to be about 2/3 the original size and I am being generous. 
I know, your family was rich and did not have an outdoor privy (for those who don’t know what a privy is, it is an outdoor toilet, the outhouse). Back in the day, a page from the newspaper could be used in the privy, for something other than reading.
I surveyed the neighborhood and observed the trees at the north end of the street. I returned to the security of, “The Ford Homestead” where I procured my camera. Returning to the street, I took several well laid out, and might I say, “flawless photos”, one of which is below.
 
Fall colors in Hewitt.
                As I hope you can see, there are a couple red oaks in the neighborhood that are changing colors. Our red oaks have not stopped dropping millions of acorns yet, so they are not yet turning colors.
                Today is black Friday, I do not plan to go anywhere shopping.
Happy Friday to you.
Do you get it, Friday is in black, thus “Happy black Friday to you”.
 
Don Ford               
 

No comments: