Translate

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

New cell phone 11.18.14

 
I have tried to find a reason to have a smart phone but I can’t justify having one.
                I was in a store the other day and I looked at their prepaid phones. I had thought that I might purchase one if I could move my sims card from my present phone to the new phone and have everything continue to work.
                Possibly I could get Santa to bring me a new phone. Speaking of Santa, my spouse of 45 years allowed me to go to the shed and get the Christmas decorations out today.
                It isn’t easy getting the Christmas decorations out. The first thing that needs to be done is to remove all the things that are in front of or on top if the decorations.
                Next I remove the cartons and totes that have Christmas trees or other decorative items.
                Then I remove the plastic sheep, goats and other items for the manger scene.
                I then carry all the “decretive items to the garage”.
                Now I sweep all the dirt out of the shed, this is the annual cleaning.
                Lastly, I put all the non-Christmas items back into the shed.
                I have roughly calculated that I made 47 trips in and out of the shed, and I hit my head on the shovels that I keep hanging from the rafters 68 times. You would think that after the first twenty or thirty times I would have learned to duck, but…
                Back to my original thought; there was several phones on the rack and one did not have a price. I ask a clerk what the price might be and he checked. The price was $4.99.   Heck, at that price a person on a fixed income could take a chance.
                I paid the $4.99 and now had a new phone. As I read the instructions it stated that I could move the sims card from my flip phone and use it in the phone.
          The phone looks like a small black berry.
It has a zoom on the camera.
There is a flash, with red eye reduction.
Yes it will take videos.
It can be set to automatically lock the keys so you will not butt dial.
You can record sound with it.
As with most phones you can send text and photos.
It will play FM radio.
There is a flash light.
You can plug in ear phones.
It has blue tooth.
It came with a charger that plugs into the wall, and it has a wire to charge it from the USB port.
I can hear someone calling me much better on this phone than the old phone.
 
I was surprised that this cheap inexpensive phone would work as well as it does and has the features it does.
 
It is and off brand phone and does not have a droid operating system, but for the price it is good for a person like me, on a fixed income.
 
I learned something; I have played with this little phone learning how to use its features much of my free time this weekend. If I were to get a smart phone, I would be one of those people that set around looking at, and keying into their phones.
 
Have a very nice day!
                
Don Ford
 

No comments: