Translate

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Excellent meal 11.14.14

 
                As I noted in my previous posting, I had been invited to a Thanksgiving lunch at Do it Best Corp, Waco, TX. I would like to state for the record that the food was excellent and it is always good to see so many friends.
    
                If you would viewed the above photo, you should have notice that I have a, “happy smile” on my hansom face. I know that one person is wondering why I said, “happy smile”, I will try to explain.
Often, when a subject is being photographed, someone says, “Smile for the camera” and that subject puts on their fake smile. I wanted you to know there is a difference between a camera fake smile and a “happy smile”.
Please look at me in the photo, I believe you can tell that I am truly happy.
Now let’s consider, “the rest of the photo”. The food looks great, the lunch room was very clean and orderly and the centerpieces on each table were very pretty.
For the observant among you, there is another part to this photo which I will point out.
This morning as I was driving Gabi to school we had a conversation about being observant. Gabi commented about how a car was driving less than safely. I said to Gabi, “you are observant. I went on to say that she may be both, “observant and absorbent”. I then explained how I defined both words, that she not only sees what’s happening observant, she also understand what’s happening which is absorbent (it soaks in)
Back to the excellent photo of me. If you are observant, you have noticed that I have three arms. I am just a special person.
A good friend noted that my spouse was not in the photo. I would like to state that my wife of 45 years was busy that day. What was she doing?
As you well know, we are on a fixed income and my spouse of 45 years was out on highway 84 picking up aluminum cans. We need all the money we can get, especially since Christmas is only 6 weeks away.
I would be less than truthful, if I didn’t explain that my spouse of 45 years did find two squirrels and a skunk on HWY 84 while picking up the cans. They were fresh road kills.
Tonight we are going to have, “skunk burgers” for supper. I must say, there is a fresh, “skunk burger” smell which permeates throughout the house.
My present wife plans to keep the two squirrels so she can cook them for Thanksgiving.
 
May all your photos have happy smiles.
 
Don Ford 
 

No comments: