Translate

Friday, October 21, 2016

Nasty and Nice 10.21.16

            As I begin this adventure into an outstanding article titled, “Nasty and Nice”, it came to mind that someone might think I have miss written the title, wanting to say, “Nasty Nice”. NOPE, the title is correct, “Nasty and nice”! Those of us who are not low information readers, yes I took the term low information from Rush, know that nasty nice refers to someone that can’t stand to have anything be dirty or messy, thus the term Nasty Nice.
            My story is about something that is both, “Nasty and nice”. You are correct, the title seems like a contradiction in terms, but as this story unfolds you will have been informed of the Nasty part and the nice part. I have attached a photo for your review, and this photo will help you understand the nasty part of the tale.
 
The debris on the street is from a couple trees that are planted to close to the street. There are leaves, twigs, and pecans that have been crushed and repeatedly ran over. When I walk through this nasty mess during my morning exercise, the nasty debris crunches under foot. Before you ask, the home owner never cleans anything up from the street.
            Would you believe, I was considering this nasty topic yesterday as I toiled on the foundation of the Hot House? I had previously discussed the hot house with my first wife and we considered the terminology of greenhouse instead of hot house. After a lengthy debate, we settled on the term hot house as we will be attempting to keep flowers warm during the winter months.
            Fall is here!
            I was going to attempt to drill a couple holes in the 4 by 4 boards that would allow me to anchor the frame of the hot house to the ground. I had tools in both hands when I decided to sit down on the 4 by 4 which is 8 foot long. My senior legs were attempting to squat down slowly, allowing my behind to land on the 4 by 4. If you know anything about older male subjects, they usually have less mass in their posterior (Butt) area. This also applies to older gentlemen, such as myself, (less landing area).
            Making a short story long, my posterior missed the 4 by 4 and I fell backwards. Luckily I was close to the ground and there was no objects that could have impelled me, as I quickly descended onto my backside. Nothing was hurt except my pride. I decided that in the future I would lay down the tools and then squat down using my hand/s to guide me into a proper landing. Now you know why there is a sub title of, “fall is here”, fell is here didn’t sound right.
            Let’s get back on subject, “Nasty and Nice”.
            The photo reveals the nasty part (click on it to enlarge), you will need to use your imagination for the nice part. In the afternoon, during the time I am sitting in the old rocker waving at the neighbors as they pass by, I have noticed a large gathering of the white wing doves, landing in this nasty area. What could be so interesting that numerous doves would want to gather there each evening?
            I have the answer. They are eating the crushed pecans. Yes, this nasty debris has food in it for the local wild life. Now you see how it is both, “Nasty and nice!”
            Thanks for spending this time with me!

                May your weekend be only nice!

                Don Ford

No comments: