Translate

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Cats 10.19.16

            As I sit here, allowing my wonderful brain to contemplate all the wonderful information I will impart to you this fine day, I happened to look at the monitor of the security cameras here at the ford Homestead. One camera overlooking the back forty also includes the raised flower bed. I was recently instructed by our C.O.O. (chief operating officer, Mrs. Ford) to have the grounds keeper, I mean manager to move the bird bath from its location and install it in or on the raised flower bed.
            The grounds manager was not happy with this task as the bird bath is made of cement, and the base it sits on is a square 16 inch cement block. There was two reasons to move said bath. One, it was in the way of the new construction of the Ford’s Hot House. Two, my present spouse said to do it!
            Anyway, as I reviewed the output of the security cameras, I noticed a large gathering of white wing doves at the bird bath’s new location. There were so many doves that they were landing on the ground waiting for an opening to get a drink. I don’t think an estimation of 100 doves would have been out of line. It is extremely dry in our area of the world and I assume the doves are looking for safe locations to get a drink.
            Even though you might think the title of this wonderful article. “Cats”, has something to do with the doves, it does not. The title has to do with my morning 30 minute stroll up and down the avenue.
            In the olden days (a year ago) Molly use to come out and walk up to me on the Avenue wanting to be petted. There were times that she would walk beside me as many dogs do with their owner. For some unknown reason she stopped the practice of wanting my attention.
            Twice this week, Charlie has come out to me as I was walking, wanting to be petted. I have no idea why he has begun this activity but he has. This morning he came out to me and laid down in the street wanting to be petted. I obliged him for a minute or so then I began walking again. To my surprise Charlie began walking beside me, almost as if he were on a leash. Charlie was closest to the curb as we walked. It was so nice to have a friend, even if it is a cat, to walk with me.
            Walking alone is not a lot of fun, and having a companion walk with you is nice! Suddenly it happened, Charlie stopped walking and began to play with something in the leaves. I am not sure what it was, but it could have been a cricket.
            Do you know how sad it is to have your companion desert you in the middle of a walk? No one to talk to, no one to share your accomplishments, alone again in the middle of this big city. L

Be there for your friends, crickets go to…

Don Ford

No comments: