Translate

Thursday, June 13, 2013

It rained in Texas

            We, here in Hewitt, Texas have been very fortunate to have received rain almost every time we need it. We have also been blessed by not having severe storms with the rains. Most often rain in Texas is accompanied by lots of wind, lightening and hail.
            Our rains have been arriving as needed most often from half to three quarters of an inch at a time. I was watering the yard the other afternoon because the weather people had said, “no chance of rain”. I was finishing the flowers in the front yard when I noticed the clouds gathering overhead. I knew it would rain which would add to the watering I had done. I went inside and took a shower (yes I do usually go inside for my showers) and was sitting in my recliner enjoying a well-deserved rest, when I heard a sound from outside. What was that sound? It was raining like, “pouring it out of a boot”.
            I thought I would show you some of the results of this frequent rain.
 
“Four o’clocks”, that bloom all day. Some people think they only bloom at 4:00PM.
Grass that isn’t brown and it needs to be mowed weekly.
A pinkish rose standing alone and proud. It isn’t the yellow rose of Texas but it is nice.
 
On a different subject; I have new glasses and it is much easier to see the computer screen which aids me in entering data in for my blog. Possibly I will be at the key board more. Gabi likes to watch the TV here in the computer room which can be a little distracting when typing. 
 
I hope you have a nice cool, happy day.
 
Don Ford

No comments: