Translate

Saturday, August 31, 2024

August 31, 2024

            It is another Saturday morning here in Hewitt Texas, and we hope it is a good morning where you are.

            I did little yesterday other than take the Alex to school. As I was relaxing in the homestead it came to me that I had seen another fire ant mound, and it was in the front yard. I immediately jumped out of the Ford’s ole recliner and sprinted to the back door. In truth, I crawled out of the Ford’s ole recliner, staggered to the back door, and went to the shed to get the fire ant killer. After applying the fire ant killer, I did review the entire front yard for other ants, finding none I returned the poison to the shed.

            The weather yesterday afternoon was good, we were able to sit outside for an hour and a half without the big fan being on. We even had the little fan and it was not used either. Wow, almost fall weather here in Texas at the end of August.

            How are the Fords doing, was the question, and the answer is, “they are doing good”. My favorite wife went into town yesterday to do her usual Friday shopping. We are at a point now that we can be around other people and not have our masks on. Heck, the way this virus is spreading, maybe we should consider wearing the mask. One thing about the mask that I find helpful, when I have it on, I do not touch my face with my hands as much, and that keeps me from putting germs on my face that are on my hands. Got you thinking now?

            Since we are back to normal after the virus, our Saturday plans will resume. We will go to the sandwich place and get the 2 for $7 sandwiches, with cheese, a large fry and drinks. After ingesting the food, we will head for the cheap store and see if there is anything we can’t do without. Arriving back at home after all that exercise, we will flop into the Ford’s ole recliner and try to rest, (aka take a nap).

            I do need to set the sprinklers to run for one minute in each area, which will allow me to see if all the sprinkler heads are working properly. I just thought, I also need to water the flowers in the pots this morning. Never any rest for the ole people.

            Well, I need to get going, we hope you have a good day and please stay safe in all you do.

Normal Saturday schedule.

Senior ole person who will try to work but may not, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: