Translate

Sunday, September 1, 2024

September 1, 2024

            We are now in the first day of September, and we wish everyone a good morning. They are predicting cooler temps and possible rain for the next week, wow that would be nice.

            Looking back at yesterday, we were on a normal schedule. I did water all the flowerpots and the berry beds and as I was doing that task, I noticed a flower or was it some sort of mushroom in the grass, you can decide.


             
Notice the hose in the photo giving you an idea of the size of the bloom.

We did go into Waco for lunch and the lady at the sandwich place said she had missed us. She then placed our order without asking what we wanted. We get the same thing almost every week. After eating our lunch, we headed for the cheap store where my favorite wife bought a box of rubber gloves, but I did not find anything that I needed or wanted.

            Returning home I did nothing other than nap and watch TV while my first wife was working on changing some flower decorations from spring to fall colors. She still has more to work on, either today or tomorrow.

            My favorite wife did purchase a small brisket which she is preparing, her original thought was to cook it on Sunday for a Monday meal. She started it last night so I am not sure if we will have it today or tomorrow, or both.

            We had a friend call yesterday and say she was coming over about 5:00 to sit and talk with us outside. Now she knew we had the virus and that we had been confined for a while, but she had gone to the same sandwich place that we went too, and the lady told her that she had missed us, we had been there earlier. Knowing that we were out and about she knew it would be ok to visit with us again. We had some nice conversations about the olden days and a couple cold drinks. It is good to be able to be safely around people again.

            I did get a call from an ole friend yesterday evening, we use to run around together as teenagers back in the olden days. It is good to hear from old friends.

            I have no real plans for today, tomorrow, being a holiday, I will probably mow the front yard. Well, if it was a school day I would need to get going but I don’t need to go anywhere other than the ole recliner in the front room.

            We hope you have a good day and a good holiday; please stay safe in all you do.

Restful holiday?

Senior ole person who definitely knows how to rest, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: