Translate

Wednesday, August 7, 2024

August 7, 2024

            Good morning to one and all, we hope your day is starting well. This morning, I allowed Tres to take me for a short walk and I have watered the potted plants out front and back. As I watered the berry beds I was surprised when I heard a small sound. It was kind of like a chirp or a squeak. I stopped watering and it took about 30 seconds for the sound to stop. I looked all through the vines and found nothing. I began watering and the sound came back, but I still did not see anything. I assume there was something small in the vines, but I could not see it. I went to the other side and started watering and the sound came back. I got down on my knees and there is a glob of grass clippings that looks like a bird nest that had fell from the tree. I moved the grass a little and saw some tiny animals in the ground covered by the dead grass. That is when Tres jumped in and removed one from the nest and I could not stop him. I cover the nest backup and kept Tres away. I think they may be rabbits. Now you know the excitement for today.

            I worked on the unit that controls the amount of charging the battery gets from the solar panel. Now I cut wires, I measured wires, and I soldered wires. All that done I installed the unit, and it did not work. After I finished crying and feeling sorry for myself, I decided to look at the directions again. OH, I made one mistake, the two connectors that I soldered to the wires had to be removed and switched, I had them backwards. I guess I should have looked at the instructions more than I did. It works now.

            I have some photos taken this morning of blooms. The first two or blooms that are on a plant we call the moon plant, they bloom at night and fall off during the day.



            The next blooms are on a plant that we call Four O’clocks. Someone said they only bloom at 4:00, but that is not correct.

            I guess I should stop for now, but I won’t, I saw two airplanes yesterday appear as if they were going to crash into one another. One was a jet and one was a single engine small plane. Now the small plane was much lower than the Jet, and the jet was heading south while the small plane was going east. Both planes appeared to be the same size due to the much higher altitude of the Jet. Just for a couple second it looked as if they would collide, and then the smaller plane went under the big jet. I thought it was interesting…

            Well, I need to get going, we hope you all have a good day, and as always be safe in all you do.

Bloom watcher.

Senior ole person who needs to get my back taped up, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: