Translate

Sunday, August 18, 2024

August 18, 2024

            Good Sunday morning to all. We hope you had a good day yesterday and we hope today is even better.

            Speaking of yesterday, the Fords had a good day with our family. We all gathered at the Ford Homestead and we decided where we would go for the noon repast (for that one person, repast means meal). Location established, we all jumped into our vehicles and headed out. Arriving at the chosen location we, the eight-person team, entered the building. We requested the round table, and our request was granted. The round table allows each person to easily see the others, so no one feels left out.

            Drinks and appetizers ordered; the conversations began. Luckly, the conversations about politics was not the main topic, but opinions were stated. The food was good and the service was also good, with one error. The server refilled my unsweet tea with sweet tea, but I did not complain, since I was not paying for the meal.

            Meal completed we all headed for home. I got some advice about my kind of new phone, and there was conversation about work. Obviously, I was not commenting on my work since I am not employed. Tres always likes it when family comes over, he gets a lot of attention.

            Patrick brought a telescope home at my request, and now that I see it, I wonder if I can use it properly. I did get it together and I know I can make it work, but it has a motor and some computer type info to help find what you are looking for, I may go on line and see if I can get the instructions. I had purchased this telescope years ago and when I had stopped using it Patrick took it home with him.

            After the family left my favorite wife and I decided to head into town to get a cap that she had seen which has a flag and the word Ford on it. We ended up buying a different cap which had Ford on it. While we were in town, we decided to get a to-go sandwich and drink. We also stopped by the cheap store where we purchased a couple items, I got a new water bowl for Tres.

            We made it back home safe and we decided to sit outside for a while even though it was hot. I did not have an adult beverage yesterday while we sat outside, I did drink the root beer we had purchased while in town.

            It was a good day with family, we hope your day was equally good, and we hope today is even better. I will let you know if I learn how to properly use the telescope, and as always, “please stay safe in all you do”.

Family day!

Senior ole person who likes those family days, and the food, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: