Translate

Sunday, August 11, 2024

August 11, 2024

 

            This morning, I greeted a neighbor as they were preparing to leave with their trailer attached to their pickup truck heading for the gulf coast. I asked if I could go along and they said yes, but I think they meant no. I would like to also offer you all a good morning and a safe day.

            Our Saturday was more or less normal, we did go to the sandwich shop but the lady who normally takes our order was not there. We were told, she had the day off for her birthday. I asked if she was 21 again and there was laughter. The young lady took our order noted that we come there every Saturday, but she did not know what all we ordered, so I had to tell her. As we sat at the table, I reviewed the bill as it seemed different from past bills. The other lady usually charges us for one drink and gives us one drink. This young lady did not charge us for either drink so I, not wanting to cheat anyone, took the bill to the young lady and noted that we were not charged for the drinks. She said yes, I was correct, she gave us the drinks. It wasn’t a mistake, she gave them to us, and if it is a gift then I can accept it. 

            After eating we headed to the cheap store, to see if there was anything we need. We both found and item that we wanted and a box of chocolate mints, I think the bill was about $13.00. I needed a new wire for charging my cell phone and that is what I bought. They had remote controlled helicopters for I believe $39.00. It was big, about 1.5 feet long. As I looked at them and I thought I would like to have one if I could control one of them in the air. There was a man who appeared to be older than me looking at them also. I suggested to him that he and I did not need one of those, he laughed and agreed.

            On the way home from the cheap store we stopped at Wally world to get some tape and bandages for my back. While there I asked if I had received the RSV shot, they checked the records and said I had not. Leaving there we stopped at the pharmacy that we use and I asked about getting the RSV shot. I got shot. My doctor during my recent physical said they were recommending ole people to get the shot. It did not hurt and my arm did not get sore.

            Back at the homestead we did very little until about 4:00 when we decided to wash the dog. We soap the dog up and then let him run loose with the soap on him. One of the odd things he does when he is covered with the soap, he will find a spot in the yard that has no grass and he will try to roll in the dirt.

After the wash job we received a text from a friend saying her son had grilled some ribs and he was bringing some to them for supper. They said he would bring us some too, if we wanted them. Naturally we said yes to the ribs. He brought us ribs and a bowl of beans; they were very good. Wow a good free supper, and my wife did not need to cook, excellent.

We did get to sit outside yesterday afternoon and enjoy the quite afternoon. Plans for today, none. Just take it easy and try to rest my ole senior body.

            I just remembered that I need to water the flowers this morning, so I will say so long, we hope your day is pleasant and please stays safe in all you do.

Water boy Don.

Senior ole person who works too hard, or at least thinks he does, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: