Translate

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

July 9, 2024

            I will say good morning to you but it may not be for me. This morning, I am being allowed to pull weeds from a big flower bed. I will need my knee pads as I will be crawling all around. At least it isn't too hot this morning but I will be tired when I finish.

You didn't ask what I had for supper yesterday but I know you want to know. 😊

I had Clam chowder but I decided to attempt to enhance the chowder with some small pieces of shrimp added, we then called it "Sea Food Chowder."

Lady up the street: I walked Tres yesterday morning since it was cool and it was still not raining, I saw a friend in the front yard of a neighbor's house. She was talking to someone on the phone. As we came close, she waved at me and said hi to Tres, which he responded with a couple loud barks at her. She noted that she had not talked with the lady who lived there for a couple days, and that the lady who lived there was not feeling good the last time they had talked. She went on to say that she and a friend have both tried to call this lady and have both text her several times, but the lady will not answer the phone or respond to the test and she did not respond to the doorbell.

            That's when I said call 911 and ask for a welfare check. She said she was considering that.  As we stood there talking the front door came open and the lady who lived there came out of the house. Tres and I waved and we began our walk up the street. I did not get told a reason for the lady not responding to the calls and or texts.

When we were coming back down the street, they were both standing outside and asked, if we had gotten any rain last night or this morning. I said we received ¼ inch of rain, and Tres and I walked on to the homestead.

As I said earlier, I plan to work on my knees around a large flower bed this morning before the sun gets up high enough to shine on me. I will have 2 or 3 hours before the sun gets to this flower bed.

Well, I need to get going the shade is good right now. We hope you will have a good day and please keep those people who have lost power due to the storm yesterday in your prayers, and as always be safe in all you do. 

Weed puller.

Senior ole person who may be pulling weeds and praying at the same time, Don the Ford

May today be better than your best day, but not as good as tomorrow!

No comments: